Partner Visa :

Whether or not your Australian Partner resides in Australia or somewhere else, if you are in a genuine, veritable and selective relationship, you may have the option to acquire a Partner Visa Immigration, which would permit you to live in Australia with your partner.

Under the Partner migration stream, spouse or de-facto partners of Australian permanent residents or Citizens may be eligible to apply for a temporary visa which in future might lead to permanent residency.

Lots of criteria are set by the Department of Home Affairs, among which the most important one is being able to provide evidence of a genuine, veritable, selective and continuing relationship.

Qualifying applicants for Temporary Partner visas are granted a temporary visa for 2 years. A permanent visa will be granted if and only if the applicants continue to be in a genuine relationship for 2 years after lodgement of the application.

Our Registered Agent based in Melbourne is an expert in Australian partner (spouse) and de facto visas and can help determine your eligibility for a partner visa in a professional and timely and cost-effective manner. We have assisted many clients with the preparation of partner and de facto visa applications that meet the Department of Home Affair’s requirements.


Types of Partner Visas :

Partner (provisional) (subclass 309/820) – Provisional Residency

This Partner visa subclass allows the partner or spouse or de facto partner of Australia permanent resident, citizen or eligible citizens of New Zealand to be sponsored by them and apply for temporary Australian residency. It provides temporary residency in Australia, which includes work and study rights until a decision is made on the permanent residency (Subclass 100/801). The permanent component occurs mostly after 2 years of the application submission.

Partner visa


Partner visa

Partner (migrant) (subclass 100/801) – Permanent Residency

This is the permanent version of the temporary partner visa (Subclass 309/820) and is usually granted to those partners who hold a provisional visa if the application contains sufficient evidence of the genuine relationship history. For this visa to be granted, you must continue to be in a genuine relationship with the same partner who sponsored you for the provisional visa. Applicants holding this visa have permanent residency rights to live in Australia.

Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) – Provisional Residency

This visa allows applicants to come to Australia and marry their spouse. It is designed to be the first part of a multi-stage process, beginning with this, leading directly to a partner provisional visa, and then the permanent partner visa. Holders of the subclass 300 must marry within 9 months of the visa grant date. There is a much lower threshold of the evidence required to establish your relationship, and you do not need to have lived together to qualify. This is therefore very popular with serious, committed couples who may not be able to meet the requirements of other partner visas available.

Partner visa